#PassTheBaton campaign launches!
Today we are launching our new campaign called #PassTheBaton and are encouraging as many people as possible to take part!
It’s a virtual relay challenge that will run throughout January, and has the simple aim of getting people to take on one activity that improves their health and wellbeing.
To ensure we can see people’s achievements, as well as include them in future healthy activities, we’re asking everyone who takes part to sign up to be a member when they do their chosen activity (note: Trust staff are already members of the trust and don’t need to sign up!).
To take part in the challenge people just need to follow these three simple steps:
1. Become a member of our Trust if you’re not already one (note: staff are already members and don’t need to sign up) – details here: http://bit.ly/34xmVrJ
2. Take part in a healthy activity (see ideas on our website, details below)
3. Post about it on Facebook using the #PassTheBaton hashtag, and tag 3 friends or family members, encouraging them to sign up to be a member of the Trust (http://bit.ly/34xmVrJ) and challenging them to do an activity themselves to keep the relay going
As mentioned above, staff are already members of the trust and don’t need to sign up but they can still take part in pass the baton and tag friends and family to sign up as members.
If you don’t have a Facebook account don’t worry! You can still take part by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and telling us what you’ve been up to, and we’ll share your achievement on our web page. You could also #PassTheBaton by encouraging your friends or family to sign up to be a member of the Trust (here: http://bit.ly/34xmVrJ) and take part in a healthy activity, to keep it going!
Taking part in a healthy activity means doing anything that improves your health and wellbeing. This could be:
· going for a run
· taking part in an exercise class
· improving your sleep habits
· making time for meditation
· attending a health event
· going for a health check-up
You do not have to run a marathon. Taking any small step towards improving your mind and body counts. If you need some inspiration, click the dropdown box below to find activities happening near you this January.
You can find more information about the challenge on our website, along with some ideas for healthy activities taking place locally, here: www.ncic.nhs.uk/trust/how-we-are-run/be-involved/pass-the-baton
We hope this will be a great way to beat the January blues and get 2020 off to the best possible start!